Saturday, 11 February 2012

Tweet Tweet

When I got home from work on Friday I parked up outside the house as normal and sat and watched as a couple of teeny-weeny blue tits flew about the front and sat in the bushes outside our house. They are always there and we think they live under the tiles in the porch somehow although we've never actually seen where. Quite often when I wash the dishes I look out on the front garden and as the sun shines on the glass the birds can't see me but I can see them, and they come really close and sit and play in the bush right by the window. I love watching them.

So on Friday I sat in my car and watched as one flew onto the porch and clung to the side of one of the tiles. I sat still and watched as he stared at me and as I stared at him. I do this quite often always hoping I'll see one go into the porch somehow, but they always fly off across the road.

Friday was different as it's been freezing cold and the snow still remains all over the place as it's not had a chance to defrost. So as I watched this gorgeous tiny bird it sat still for ages and then suddenly swooped and went under into one of really small spaces between the tiles and the porch roof. They do live in our porch!!

We rarely use the front door as it's easier to go through the side gate into the back garden and through the back door so the birds don't get disturbed at the front. I've read somewhere that blue tits live together in the winter and sometimes you can get ten or more birdies all crammed into a bird box where they huddle together to keep warm. I'm just over the moon that we definitely have birdies living in the roof of our porch and I love knowing that they are in there somewhere, protected and hopefully cosy through this cold and icy winter.

No comments: