I saw a poster in a window last week advertising a new community choir which was starting up in the village. I'd already missed the first session but they were meeting on Tuesday evenings in the Baptist Church and no singing experience was necessary as it was intended to be fun group for anyone to join. I've been wanting to do something like this for ages and when we first moved down here over 7 years ago I looked for local choirs and music groups but with no luck (apart from very serious and dedicated ones.)
I used to play in an orchestra years ago on my flute and haven't really been involved in music since university so I jumped at the chance to go along to the choir session. I really couldn't believe it when I read the poster as it was the opportunity I'd dreamt about many times in the past. So on Tuesday I was a little nervous but excited not knowing what to expect. And...
I loved it!!! It was brilliant. It was so uplifting to sing and be part of a group of 40 other people doing a shared thing. They gave you the choice of having just the words or the words and music so of course I went for the music too and it was wonderful to brush the dust off my musical knowledge and read some tunes. I met two really nice ladies who I sat next to and everyone was friendly with ages from about 9 years old up to retired people. I came out of the session walking on air and floated back to my car with my head full of notes and tunes which I've not stopped singing yet.
I bounced back into our house and R said he knew immediately that I'd loved it by the beam on my face. I actually felt like crying when I was telling him all about it because I'd enjoyed it so much it made me feel emotional just talking about it.
Music and songs! How wonderful! I can't wait for next Tuesday. La-la-la-la-la....
No comments:
Post a Comment