Reading my old diaries made me wish that I'd kept more records of things I'd done over the last 15 years since my last entry in the old ones. I was never an 'every-day' writer but I did like to catch up every couple of days and would write especially at the weekend to catch up with everything that had happened during the week.This blog does have a good record of things since I started writing over 5 years ago but of course it's a public blog so I'm never going to cut loose with anything completely personal or confidenial.
So I have decided to try again and the little beauties in the pictures should be winging their way to me in the post. The first is a lovely notebook/journal which is small enough to fit in my handbag and so I figure that if I carry it around with me, hopefully I'll get the urge to write in it now and then about things that are going on. I'll have to see how I get on and if the urge isn't taking me I'll have to try to get into a routine of going it once a week or month or something.
The other book is a five year memory book where you have space to just write a couple of lines about your day and so you get to compare what you were doing on that day the year or couple of years before. I'm not sure I'm going to be organised enough to write in it every single day but who knows, if it's only a line summary then perhaps it will work. Should be interesting anyway.
So these are my new goals to write more and record more. We'll see how that works!
No comments:
Post a Comment