Friday, 20 January 2012

Water..

I had a horrible dream the other morning about Rob and I out walking in some floods. We couldn't get through as the water was getting too high and as we turned to go back, Rob slipped over and fell down a weir and into the river. I stood and waited for him to surface but he didn't. It was horrible, I was just starting to panic about what to do when I woke up. I spent the next minutes going through the dream in my head and inventing different endings where we both manage to scramble free.

The day before this dream, an Italian cruise ship capsized and the passengers had to abandon ship by climbing over the side and hull to get into lifeboats or swim to a nearby island. Even as I write this they are still searching for the missing people who didn't make it from the boat. The other morning I watched an English couple being interviewed on the news. They were in their 60's and were describing what happened to them. As they talked, the man got really emotional as he described how they went to the muster station and then as people started abandoning the ship, they got separated. So he had no idea where his wife was. He could hardly talk about it for his tears as he relived the horror of losing her and not knowing if she was safe or not.

I just watched and tears streamed from my eyes. I can't imagine being in such a scary situation and wanting your loved ones to all be safe and then to lose them and not know whether to stay on board and look for them or get to a safe place and hope they have too. How absolutely horrible. My heart went out to these people and obviously my mind did too which I guess is what resulted in the nasty dream the next morning.

No comments: