Friday, 27 January 2012

Rugby Training

I went rugby training last night - it must be the first time for about 3 years. I am seriously unfit at the moment and so knew it would be painful but I really miss playing rugby. I gave up when my neck kept giving me serious gyp all the time and when we were doing IVF and baby-making stuff as it didn't seem like I should be playing anymore. There was also the 40 minute drive each way now that we've moved house and all the factors added up to not being sensible going training and playing rugby and so that was that.

People ask me occasionally if I still play and I hate having to say no and even worse is when people ask if I have retired as I can't bring myself to actually say yes.

I've not been that well since about October with some tummy troubles and they've been annoying me enough that I've just not been up for doing much active apart from my yoga. So even though I'm still not completely right I decided that getting active again would possibly help my health matters and as the rugby girls has been doing some fitness stuff in training, I was tempted to think about going.

So with a bit of trepidation I went along and it was FREEZING cold and windy - only one of the coldest evenings for a while. I could feel my muscles going into shock in the warm-up and then when we began doing backs drills I began to wonder what I was doing there as they were never my favourite thing. But then we got into forward stuff and did rucking drills with bags and stuff - oh yeah!! Back in the game! I loved every minute of it. We then did some circuits - oh dear and a small game and it was fabulous. I so want to play a game now, even though I wouldn't last five minutes.

Still - inspiration for getting fit? Lots!

No comments: