I'm really excited as we're going to have a fire this weekend. In the house! We've been renting this place for about 8 years now and it has a wood burning stove which believe it or not we've never ever used. We've not had any need as the house is centrally heated and even in the very cold winter last year we didn't really need to use it. I always put a big fat candle inside and lit it up and it always looked so pretty that it was more or less like the real thing anyway.
Any-which-ways, we've been talking about using it lately and we lit a small test fire with newspaper and a bit of kindling last week and it was all was fine so tonight I've been to the local farm shop to get some logs and as the weather has finally turned gloriously chilly - we're going to have a fire!!
No comments:
Post a Comment