Sunday, 29 January 2012

Super Saturday

We had a lovely day yesterday. During the week I thought we had no rugby on Saturday and so I promised we'd go down and watch Sam play football. It turned out that Wasps were playing on Saturday after all but we still had time to go down in the morning and watch Smeeth play the Grasshoppers.

It's funny watching little kids play football. Some of them take it very seriously whereas others find it hard to get into it. Sam is a one of the latter and finds it very hard to keep his concentration. He is in defence and seems to be in a little 'Sam's world' for a lot of the time. When he wakes up and gets stuck in he's pretty good but he tends to stay out of the action. At one point I could see him mouthing words and I could tell that he was miles away, it was very funny. Afterwards he was in a very bad mood. His team lost 4-0 and I think he was fed up that the first time we'd been to watch him, they lost. Bless him, he still gave us a big hug to say good bye.

So then we went onto Wasps and completely out of the blue we decided to go for a meal afterwards in High Wycombe with our friends Martin, Maggie and Ann. Normally Wasps play on a Sunday so we have a drink with them and then have to head off home as it's a working day the next day. But was it was a Saturday we all realised it really didn't matter and so made a decision to go for a meal. We were extremely lucky to get a table as a few places we phoned were booked out and I think we got the last table in Pizza Express.

It was a really lovely evening as we were all so relaxed and basking in the knowledge that we'd done this on the spur of the moment and so it was a completely unexpected treat. It was lovely. I feel so lucky that we have these lovely rugby friends who choose to spend precious time with us.

No comments: