Firstly I've had a lovely couple of days at home. I say 'home' although I haven't actually lived in Stony now for something like 13 years and have been down in the South-East all that time. I still think of Stony as home though and whenever I drive up there I get a wonderful feeling whenever I drive down the A5 and down the loop road into Stony and see the church tower with the flag flying. It definitely feels like coming home and I guess as I lived all my life until 1994 there, it is my real home, kind of where my heart lies. Whenever I leave I always get tears in my eyes when we drive to do a u-turn half-way down the hill and then drive back up waving to mum and dad in the front garden as we go. I love my family so much and I wish we did live closer to them. I don't think living in their pockets would work but it would be great to see Gran and Gramp, Rich and Sandra, Nick and Emily, and all the aunts, uncles and cousins on a more regular basis. I do really miss that, even after all this time.Secondly, I picked up my wedding album of photos this weekend and they are wonderful! I was so happy to see them all and they are just perfect. We only ever saw two photographers, Maria Barry who did our wedding, and one other just to get another look at someone else. Maria was the first person we saw and we just loved what she did with her photos and albums and no one else ever got a look in after that. I'm glad we didn't change our mind as the photos are wonderful and the album is fantastic. I can't stop looking at it!
And thirdly, we have a round of voluntary redundancy at work. It happens about twice a year at the moment and I've never put in for it before. But this time I didn't even really have to think and have applied almost immediately. If I get it I will be leaving in October. After 13 years in the same job it really terrifies me but I know it's the right thing to do. I've not been happy there for a while and the work hasn't been brilliant plus by then we'll have moved to Canary Wharf and I'll be travelling over 15 hours a week just to get in and out of work - why would I want to do that? I just have to keep my fingers crossed I get it. And then worry about getting a new job - eek! It's a bit scary though..
2 comments:
Sarah I'm loving your blog at the moment. Its motivating me to get back to mine. I'm in that funny state of post wedding at the moment.
Praying for you re Redundency, I'm sure God has something amazing up his sleeve for you.
H xx
Thanks Han! I'm determined to start actually blogging my thoughts instead of lying in bed at night thinking them and thinking "I should have blogged about that...!"
I know what you mean about after the wedding, it seems SO busy but not really doing much, just catching up with everything and adjusting and enjoying every moment of being in a new wonderful cuddly MARRIED! state xx
Post a Comment