It all arrived on Thursday evening and I walked into work on Friday - it was the only way to get there. Honestly it was such hard work as the snow was about 20cm deep. My muscles really ache today but it was wonderful! I met a lady walking the same way as me so we walked together and it was such good fun. It was so beautiful. Work was unusual too as only about 10 of us made it in and it was really funny. We went to the pub at lunchtime and my boss bought us all a drink and we ended up having a snowball fight on the way home.
Later when Rob and I went out for a walk we ended up having a snowball fight at home - it was hilarious. Our road is still pretty tricky to get out of, I'm hoping we'll be able to get out and we'll be able to get home to MK for Christmas! I'd really really love a white Christmas although I fear that Gran and Gramp wouldn't be able to get to Mum's house if it happened so perhaps we'd better settle for a white Boxing Day.
We've just been out walking up to the Park this afternoon and it was such a sunny day it was hard to believe everywhere was still covered with snow. It think it's this which is so unusual - we normally get snow and it lasts a day or so and melts really quickly. This time we have freezing temperatures and so the bit that melts in the sun just freezes and we have tons of icicles - yay!
Our snowy house



No comments:
Post a Comment