Thursday, 31 December 2009

Merry Christmas

I had a wonderful Christmas this year. Usually Christmas is stuffed down your throat from before Halloween and Bonfire Night with the shops full of stuff but perhaps it was the recession (or perhaps I just missed it all!) but it didn't seem to happen as much this year. I was so busy at work that I didn't get a chance to even think about shopping apart from Internet shopping until two weeks before Christmas. Somehow it made Christmas a lot more fun. We had such a happy and lovely time this year and I'm reminded again and again what a wonderful family I have and the best husband ever. I'm a very lucky girl. Here are a few of my favourite images of Christmas 2009.

We went to Richard & Sandra's on Christmas Eve and saw lots
of cousins who I don't get to see very often.
Here's a nice picture of Mum and I.Christmas is SO much more fun with young nieces and nephews
to share it with. This has to be one of my noisiest Christmases
for years but it was great fun, if not a little tiring ha ha.The best-est hubby ever!
The week before Christmas we were at Northampton rugby and
a guy walked with a hat just like this. We all laughed and I joked
and said I wanted one just like it.....so Mum and her clever knitting
hands therefore got busy and created this in a week.
It was hilarious!
It looks far better on Nick than on me..
Boxing Day morning we went for a walk and fed the ducks who were
slipping around on the icy river.Dad and I - just surviving the sheet ice footpath.And the day AFTER Boxing Day, Christmas continued at Rob's parents
with two more noisy nieces and nephews. Fantastic.
Here's Jo (Rob's sister) with Charlotte and Sam.And thankfully it was a Bank Holiday after that so we lazed around at home and revelled in our quiet, peaceful home. Bliss.

No comments: