I had my booking-in appointment yesterday with the midwife. Who would have thought I'd ever have one of those?!! She was really nice and we had a good chat. It was bizarre to be given my maternity folder with all my details in. I had a good old read through it when I got home and it has everything in it right up to the charts that the hospital have to fill in whilst I'm in labour and all the reports afterwards and stuff - crikey - serious stuff!
I have forms for scans and forms for my free prescriptions and dental care for the next 2 years and all sorts. You have the hand it to the NHS, they are flippin' good. All this care throughout my pregnancy and after, all for free. Say what you like about them, good healthcare should be available for everyone, rich, poor, employed or unemployed. Big pat on the back for the NHS! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment