I had my first scan today and I'm in shock a bit because I had something like 39 follicles!! I thought it was 31 but Rob said it was definitely 39..
I'm doing the same cycle and dose as last time as that was a good cycle and I didn't over-stimulate. However this time I seem to have almost the same numbers of follicles as for my first cycle which was rather troublesome and ended up in the short break in Ashford on the NHS!
I have around 10 follicles which are a good size whilst quite a few of them are still small. On the first cycle they were all much the same size which was a problem. So at the moment my stims are being kept the same (the same!) with the next scan on Friday. I'm a tad worried to say the least - I mean it's great I have follicles and 10 good ones at that and the nurse didn't seem to be worried. But I remember my first cycle only too well with the 4-days in hospital and the OHSS and I'm just a bit scared now, especially as my tummy already seems to be playing up at bit. It's been upset for a couple of days and very windy and I woke up in the night last night with really bad indigestion. It didn't seem to do it last cycle but I have cloudy memories of all this from the first cycle.
I don't understand how I'm stimming so much again as I'm on the same dose of drugs as last time - could this be because I've lost weight? Do the drugs affect you more?
It was a good positive scan today but also a bit worrying. I'm not supposed to be going in for egg collection until this time next week but I feel sure that is far too long away, I really really hope that on Friday they put me in for collection on Monday.
Time will tell..
No comments:
Post a Comment