Thursday, 2 October 2008

My weight

Just a little update on the aftermath of my summer of watching my calories. It's funny because after all that hard work to gradually lose weight - guess what happened in the last couple of weeks?

No - I didn't put it back on - - did you think I did? In fact it's the opposite. Despite stopping the controlling nature of my diet, I still find myself being careful of what I eat and I have continued to lose pounds. It's a strange thing. I found myself this week trying to eat more to make sure I didn't lose anything! I'm happy with my weight and my body shape at the moment so I need to find a balance so that I don't put it all back on again but just as importantly I don't carry on losing too much weight. I don't believe it would be that healthy for me to lose too much more so it's a tricky thing. How daft!

I've been so happy lately just with small things that have happened. For instance I had a couple of shopping trips where I took a size 12 into the fitting room and they were too big. Stunned doesn't describe how I felt. In some shops I'm now a UK size 10 - can you believe it? (Okay so they are M&S and Next which are always bigger but I can't even remember when I was last able to fit into a 10!) And I have a pair of jeans I took with me to Australia in 2003 which look fab and slim in the photos in Oz and guess what? They fit again! It's very bizarre.

Here's a pic of me throwing a boomerang (it didn't come back!) in Oz back in 2003 in said jeans. I'm sure there's a better one where I'm trying to play a digeridoo in the Blue Mountains (don't ask!) but you can never find these things when you want them!

No comments: