I left work today with a big grin on my face and just laughing inside and the reason is my friend Tracey who is off to Egypt on holiday on Monday. (Well at least I hope she is, there was a worry that her First Choice flights might have been on one of the non-flying in-administration XL flights but I sincerely hope not!) I just realised as I walked home how happy I am to have Tracey as a friend and how lucky I am. When I started a new job it was all nerves and expectations and I never really thought about the new opportunity to meet and work with new people.And enter stage left, Trace.
What can I say about her? She's as large as life, loud and to the point, talks to anyone and everyone and has a heart of gold. She's just great and sitting next to her in the Board Room for the last couple of months has been a complete joy. Today as I left work I realised how much I'm going to miss her for the next two weeks whilst she is on holiday and then afterwards as we have a desk move this evening and we will be sitting on opposite sides of the room from now on.
I'm going to miss our secret whispered conversations, our full-on gossip and our helpless laughter at ridiculous things. But you know what? She's only across the room and we'll still go for lunch together, walk to ASDA and swimming at Larkfield. As someone who sometimes finds it hard to really bond and make good friends I can only thank God for whisking her into my life at this point and long may our friendship prosper.
Do you ever wonder about how things happen? I've been working at CAF for 6 months now and is it a coincidence that I'm sitting here writing this after meeting a really good new friend? Is it chance? Was it meant to happen? Was it planned? Was it completely random? Hmmm. Food for thought.
Partners in crime at the CAF Summer Party

No comments:
Post a Comment