Tuesday, 13 May 2008

My commute

Rob went back to work last week which means that I no longer have a lift in to work in the morning, nor a handy chauffeur to pick me up when it's raining. But since then the weather has been warm with glorious sunshine, which has meant that I've been able to walk to and from work on normal days with my Friday bike ride in dress-down gear. I love it. I wonder how much this will change next time it rains? :)

At least I am free to exercise as I like again and my 2-mile walk first thing energises me and gets the blood pumping around my body before I even begin my working day. And coming home I can chill and let my mind wander as I walk. It's actually quite liberating.

This week the views have been beautiful through the rising sun with the shadows growing shorter and all the wild flowers coming out beside the footpath. Here are some photos of my journey.

Fields, trees and shadows..

There's a giant following me!

Where I work..



Doesn't it all look idyllic? And it pretty much is as long as you let your mind wander, you chill and keep looking mostly to the left in the morning and mostly to the right in the afternoon. And on the other side? Okay - so you got me! Here's a picture of the other side...

No comments: