Wednesday, 4 July 2007

On the rail

I went up to XT in Docklands again today - on proper business this time. Getting in wasn't bad, it still took 2 hours but I got there at about 9.15am - quite respectable really! But coming home was a nightmare. I got away just after 4pm and was thrilled that I'd be able to get the 5pm train from Victoria and be home just after 6pm. It wasn't to be. A security alert on the tube meant I sat on a train in a tunnel for ages. First we were held up, then we got clearance to go. Then we didn't go. Then we did and were told the line was fully open. Then we got to Waterloo to be told it wasn't so I had to go a convoluted around trip to get to Victoria. By which time I'd well missed the train and had to wait for the next. It just confirms to me what I already know - I can't do this every day!! And..
  • my alarm clock went off a whole hour and a quarter earlier than normal - yawn!
  • there was no time for a proper breakfast, just a banana and I was starving by lunchtime..
  • my lunch cost me £2.30 more than normal for a sarnie and drink..
  • there were police at every step of my journey...loads of them and that scares me a bit..
  • my feet are killing me from walking in my work shoes..
  • worst of all I have to do it all over again tomorrow!!!

No comments: