It's hard to explain how excited I was this time last week with the start of a new rugby season. I think this year because I'm not having treatment and I'm not intending having anymore in the very near future, the next few months look really exciting meaning that I can do what I want with no limitations and without having to think about my body and what I can commit to. It's a very liberating feeling.
And with the start of the rugby season came so much excitement! I love my rugby and I'm so proud and passionate about being a Saints fan. It's sometimes hard to explain to people especially if they aren't into sport but it means so much to stand on the terrace with a big crowd of like minded people and to shout and cheer your team on. The highs and the lows, the songs and laughter, the shouted comments and jokes and just feeling at one with the crowd. It's wonderful. Just thinking about being on the terrace, supporting and singing 'oh when the Saints' is the one thing guaranteed which can get me emotional and bring tears to my eyes. It's that powerful.
The weekend started off with the double-header at Twickenham (the warm-up match) which was fab as we met up with Rob's uncle and cousins for the day as well as seeing some Wasps friends for a picnic in the car park. And on Sunday we went up to Northampton with the folks for the biggie - an even bigger start this year, Saints vs Tigers, a mouth-watering, nerve-wrecking circus of a game. Which we won. Fantastic.


No comments:
Post a Comment