I have been very busy this year with my 'vegetable' patio. The past two years I have been given tomato and cucumber plants by Dad so this year I thought I'd go a step further and try to grow my own. It began as tomatoes and pumpkins, mainly because Dad always grows massive pumpkins for the kids at Halloween and we began to have a bit of a joke about me growing bigger ones than him. So the competition is on!
The seeds started off growing on the kitchen floor in the space under the stairs but it got a bit busy and so Rob took me to buy a little greenhouse for the patio and it took off from there. I now have sweetcorn, butternut squash, courgettes, tomatoes, peas, broad beans, carrots, radish, lettuce and of course pumpkins. My patio is no longer just a place to laze on a sunny day but will hopefully produce some tasty grub over the summer too.
Green shoots!

I'm very proud of my broad beans which are already in flower!

No comments:
Post a Comment