Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Another follow-up

We had a follow-up with Mr E again today. I usually prepare and write out loads of questions that I want to ask but to be honest this time I didn't really feel there were that many questions to be answered. All I wanted to know was if he thought it was worth trying again. He was very honest and said that if he thought there was no hope he would recommend giving up, but he didn't. He was actually very positive. I think he was thinking that we might have had enough by now. I am fed up with having treatment but both Rob and I are in complete agreement that we aren't ready to give up yet.

Four fresh cycles and two frozen cycles is a lot but to be honest it's not like when I'm cycling I feel rubbish or ill or anything, as long as I don't get OHSS then physically the cycle doesn't affect me much. Mentally it is tough and the negative a few weeks ago was tough but I'm sure that was because it came after the miscarriage and it was very easy to expect to get a positive straight afterwards.

I'm not ready to give up, I'm 39, there's still some time and whilst that's the case I really want to try again. The only questions Rob and I have now are 'Are we ready to give up?' or 'Are we going to try again?' and we both have the same answers.

No comments: