Saturday, 18 July 2009

Dreams

I was quite lazy this morning after a week of not sleeping well at night so I had a lie-in this morning until quite late. The thing about that is that when you lie in you doze and as you doze you dream.

This morning I had a dream where we were travelling in the car and I was in the front seat holding my baby daughter. She must have been around 10 months old. The dream was very brief. I was talking to someone in the back seat and my baby was wriggling a bit and at one point leant her forehead against mine. And that was it. [Actually it was all a bit wrong because I was sitting in the right-hand side which in the UK is of course the driver side. And there's no way I would have been riding without my kiddy in a child seat! But that's dreams for you]

I woke up feeling very emotional and it made me cry when I told Rob about it. It just surprising to have a dream like that. I don't remember ever actually dreaming before that I had a child. Of course I've day-dreamed it a million times but as this was a proper dream it was so real and I wanted to go back to my dream world to hug my baby. In my day-dreams for some reason I always dream about having boys, I don't really think about baby girls which makes the dream even stranger to me. Sitting on the sofa this morning I could still feel the sensation of holding her on my lap and it made me feel so happy and so sad. I only wish it could have been real.

No comments: