Monday, 6 August 2007

Woolly in the head

Crikey it feels like an age since I last wrote on here and I guess it's not really that long but it does feel like an awful lot has happened since then. But the scary thing is it's all completely woolly in my head which means I'm wracking my brains to think what to write.

Work is still completely manic and stressful. My boss has been away for 1 week and 1 day and I've found myself engaging with clients and doing management reports and dialling into all sorts of meetings which I should never have any contact with normally. Half the team have also disappeared on holiday leaving me and one other full time team member along with one part-timer and one contractor who does b*gger all! My team mate started having chest pains last week so had to go to the doctor whilst I came out in two massive cold sores on either side of my mouth in one afternoon. It's hard to believe really!

But onto nicer things - Southwold Beach 7's was last weekend which was really good fun. It's sometimes great to lose yourself in a mad rugby tour where you don't really have to do anything apart from drink a bit and completely play the idiot. It was just what I needed after the week before and I really enjoyed it. The only problem is I'm not sure I've caught up on the sleep yet!!

This weekend we went to Twickenham to see England completely demolish the Welsh in a pre-World Cup friendly. It was a lovely sunny day and nice to be in a rugby crowd again and have a good sing-song in the bar afterwards. Sunday was just as warm so we decided to BBQ on the patio. It was so hot we decided to put up our new gazebo which probably wasn't the smartest move beings we already had the garden furniture out and had lit both barbies!! Still we managed - with much sweat and hilarity!

No comments: