I nearly wet myself at work today - honestly! Thankfully with laughter I hasten to add, I haven't quite lost the use of my bladder yet. I sit in a desk of four next to my Senior Manager, K, and that sounds a little tortuous but she's lovely. She's only been with the company for a few months, is a loud as life Geordie and completely bonkers.
For some reason K was trying to make A sing and C started going on about an app on his iPhone where you can speak into it and it makes it into a song. So then K tried to get C to do this but he wouldn't because he said it would be too loud in the office when it played back. So instantly K suggested we go into the meeting room next to our desks and try it there. So in we trooped, the four of us, trying to make it look as though we had a serious business meeting (which is quite hard when the meeting room is glass-fronted like a fish-tank!)
Once in the room, C held out the iPhone to A and said 'go on then'. A sort of looked around as if to say 'what do I say' and then said in a flat voice 'I want a widget' (which is kind of topical as our latest project is project widget) and then there was a big pause whilst we all looked at him before C said 'is that it?'
We all kind of giggled as it was obvious that 'is that it?' was going to be on the recording. Anyway, C set off his iPhone and all this groovy music came out with 'I want a widget' being sung with a big pause and then 'is that it?'
Oh God! You had to be there but it was so funny. We all four of us instantly burst into laughter and it was that wonderful, uncontrollable, hysterical laughter. So much for trying to look as if we were doing a serious meeting. It was so funny. I was sobbing and all the time this daft tune kept playing with 'I want a widget' and 'is that it?'
Funny, funny, funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment