Thursday, 28 April 2011

Heineken Cup

I couldn't do updates to my blog without mentioning the Heineken Cup - could I?! Saints played in the quarter-final three weeks ago at MK Gardens against Ulster. It was another lovely day and we parked up outside the stadium with our picnic and some beers in the boot and chilled, enjoying the atmosphere.

Actually a nice thing happened, I 'speak' to someone on Facebook a lot who was in the year below me at school but I didn't really know her at school, we just knew of each other when we were about 10 years old. Anyway she just happened to drive her car in after us and parked two cars away in the car-park so I finally got to talk to her in the flesh, which was really nice - and very random!

I loved the game, it was exciting, it was passionate and it was excruciating and nerve-tingling. I can always tell when it's a big game because the excitement builds from the week before and I can feel myself getting emotional. If a song comes on the radio which tickles my nerves I can feel the emotions swirling and the tears into my eyes - it means that much! And this game was no exception and the good news is we won - the semi-final is this weekend at MK again against Perpignan. This will not be an easy game - Come on you Saints!

No comments: