Sunday, 24 January 2010

Yay Cookies!

It's been a lazy Sunday, although we did make it out for a walk. I've spent half the day curled up on the sofa reading as I have a cold and felt so tired. I've been reading 'Schindler's Ark', the story about Oskar Schindler and how he saved so many Jews from concentration camps during the war. It was really interesting but towards the end as I got more and more caught up with the characters and events I found it hard to remember that it wasn't a book of fiction and that the things in it really happened. It must get harder and harder for generations of kids to realize the horror of events in the war and that people actually did terrible things to each other. It's really hard to imagine how people can get into such a state of mind that basic human kindness and decency just go out of the window.

But onto nicer subjects, cookies! I eventually got my arse off the sofa to do some baking. These are chocolate chip cookies made with gooey condensed milk. Yum!

No comments: