Monday, 13 April 2009

The Easter Bunny

I did an Easter Egg hunt for Nick and Em yesterday at Mum and Dad's house. It was so funny. I hid loads of little chocolate eggs around the two living rooms and told them a story about the Easter Bunny visiting and hiding them for us to find. So whilst all the grown-ups finished their lunch with coffee and liqueurs, the three of us ran around the lounge searching for chocolate.

It was the first time they had ever done an egg hunt which at 4 and 6 is surprising! And they were SO excited and had to run out to the kitchen screeching where they'd found the latest egg every time they found one. Emily was so earnest talking about the Easter Bunny and where he might have left the eggs. She was really thinking about it and at one point said to me 'What colour is the Easter Bunny?' It was so sweet.

Once they had found every egg they took a handle of the basket each and proudly went back to the kitchen to show off their treasure.

"Do you think the Easter Bunny will come again?" asked Emily, to which I quickly replied "not until at least next year!" Which means that I will have to get my thinking hat on in a years time on how to do a different egg hunt in a slightly more challenging way because I know for sure they will remember this years hiding places!! But the little hugs, kisses and 'I love you Auntie Sarah' make it all worthwhile.

No comments: