My beloved Grannie is in hospital. She had a fall on Friday night and has a suspected broken hip. She had one replaced a few years ago but has horrible arthritis and walks with a zimmer frame. It looks like it's the other bad one which has gone. She wouldn't let them call an ambulance on Friday night but just insisted they put her to bed. She must have been in such horrible pain all night and went to hospital on Saturday morning.
I hate to think of her in hospital. It gnaws away at my mind and leaves me with a feeling of being on edge the whole time. I hate to think of her in pain and not telling the nurses to make sure the pain is treated (don't ask - it seems to be a pride thing - I'm fine..) I hate to think of her not being able to sleep in a noisy fractious hospital. I hate to think of her hungry with the hospital meals which really aren't very nice. And I hate to think of her there on her own, when I know how much she hates being in hospital, hates being looked after by strangers and hates being so dependent on other people. I also can't think of Gramps who is now at home alone without her.
Gran and Gamps are 83 and 84 and neither is very good on their feet. They are the coolest grand-parents ever and I love them so very very much. I just want Gran's pain to be gone. I want them to do the emergency hip-replacement operation as quickly as they can get her in there and I want her to be in recovery and back home as soon as possible. Whatever your faith please keep her in your thoughts over the next few days and wish, hope and pray for a quick, painless and easy recovery. Thank you x
I hate to think of her in hospital. It gnaws away at my mind and leaves me with a feeling of being on edge the whole time. I hate to think of her in pain and not telling the nurses to make sure the pain is treated (don't ask - it seems to be a pride thing - I'm fine..) I hate to think of her not being able to sleep in a noisy fractious hospital. I hate to think of her hungry with the hospital meals which really aren't very nice. And I hate to think of her there on her own, when I know how much she hates being in hospital, hates being looked after by strangers and hates being so dependent on other people. I also can't think of Gramps who is now at home alone without her.
Gran and Gamps are 83 and 84 and neither is very good on their feet. They are the coolest grand-parents ever and I love them so very very much. I just want Gran's pain to be gone. I want them to do the emergency hip-replacement operation as quickly as they can get her in there and I want her to be in recovery and back home as soon as possible. Whatever your faith please keep her in your thoughts over the next few days and wish, hope and pray for a quick, painless and easy recovery. Thank you x


No comments:
Post a Comment