Tuesday, 10 October 2006

Not a good news night..

Crikey tonight has been a roller-coaster. It's just over a week and a half to the wedding and things have been getting really exiting. I picked up my wedding dress on Saturday after trying it on at the shop with my hair done after my final hair trial. It was great and I'm so excited about wearing my dress on the day now.

Tonight was not a good news night though. I got a frantic call from my mum who was in a shocked state. She had two policeman arrive on the doorstep who asked to come in and said they had some sad news. With dad away in France she assumed the worst. Thankfully (Thank you God!) it wasn't but it was still pretty bad. My cousin David had been found dead in his flat with what looks like a drug overdose of some kind. Horrible, simply horrible. I'm not about to pretend it's something we've not expected over the years, David has had a hard life and has not been an angel. It's just a shock when it happens. I feel so helpless and I feel guilty - should we have helped him more? Could we have helped him? I don't know and I guess we never will. What a terrible waste, drugs are such bad news.

Then literally half-an-hour later Robs mum rang to say that his uncles tests had come through and it was bad news. Uncle John has prostate cancer, although it has been caught very very early so the signs are still good.

Tonight is not a good news night. But if we can get through this we can get through most things. I guess that's what married life is all about. Looks like we have a bit more work to do before we get to the 21st. I didn't expect this the week before our wedding.

Please look after all the family God.

S.x

No comments: