I haven't blogged for a while again. My evenings seem to blend into night and into morning very quickly these days. I don't know why really but sometimes I feel like I have very little time. Perhaps I just need to be more organised. So what has happened in the last month or so?
Gramps - Gramp had a fall a couple of weeks ago and when I saw him shortly afterwards he was in a lot of pain. I need to explain that Gramps is a one-off and basically doesn't 'do' doctors or medication and so was refusing point-blank to take any pain-killers or to phone the doctor. This went on for two weeks before he finally couldn't get out of bed in the morning and so had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital where they found he'd broken a small bone in his back. Sigh!
He still didn't really want to co-operate even in hospital and the staff had to force him to take medication and to practice his walking to get his strength up again. It's naughty - he's in his late 80's and even though Mum and Gran sigh and moan about him not obeying the doctors you kind of have to laugh to yourself as he is so stubborn and basically just knows his own mind! It's like having a naughty child. I guess now that he's old and frail he figures the only thing he has a choice over is the control of what they do to him. Bless him. Still he's home now and although a bit frail and tired looked a lot better this weekend.
Work - work has been a bit up and down. I went back onto support after Christmas from my development project and it was great to begin with as there were loads of problem logs to look at and solve and I was basically given them all to go through and sort out. I really enjoyed January. However once it got into February it changed and I had planned a code release for bugs which needed fixing and the lady who was supposed to be managing me handed in her notice (I'm not that difficult to manage lol) and went on holiday for 2 weeks and left and so I was basically looking after myself. I'd already booked a 1-2-1 with Simon as I didn't really like the situation when another guy came along (who had just been given responsibility for the website) and completely tore apart the release I'd been doing. It was a strange situation and the new guy really upset me not just by changing all the stuff I'd spent a month putting together but in the way he did it which really put my back up and had me in tears to Rob back at home.
Thankfully I have the best line manager ever in Simon and we had a talk and he has sorted everything out for me. I haven't really explained it fully here but it looks like things are okay now. Although I've managed to get our problem log count down to only a few left so I'm getting a bit bored. I shouldn't really wish for things to go wrong with our systems should I? But it would liven my working day up ha ha.
Northampton - I can't really believe what is happening with Saints rugby this year. We are doing far too well and are 2nd in the league and still in the Heineken and LV= Cup quarter-finals. It's all too good to be true and feels just wonderful. I do have this fear that things may come crashing down around us at some point though but hey I can dream of bright and shiny things and boy - am I enjoying watching them play and win this year or what?
March - this month is going to be a bit tricky for me as my expected delivery date would have been 31st March if things had gone as planned last year. So many of my friends, relatives and work colleagues seem to be pregnant or have just had a baby at the moment. It's kind of tricky although I've been fine the last few months, pretty happy with life and just getting on with things. I'm shortly going to be starting another cycle of IVF and I think picking up the drugs this week has set the scary, shivery, fear feelings off again.
Running/Weight - I got on the scales a week or so ago and they didn't stop turning. Argh! I'm not a complete porker or anything but I have about a stone of ballast which really needs to go. Rob and I went out running a couple of times over the last two weeks and it was such hard work AGAIN! Why do I let it get to this point? Of course now I'm starting treatment shortly I can't really kill myself with running and can't diet so will have to stop again. IVF really piles the pounds on too - sigh! I wouldn't mind putting on weight if it was in a big bump on my tummy. The trouble is it's kind of a spare tyre kind of effect at the moment.
Sunshine - it's been a long cold winter and it was such a lovely sunny day yesterday it made me think of the spring. New life, new hope, new dreams. Bring on the sunshine.
No comments:
Post a Comment